I would like to tell you about a few basic rules that are very important to follow in order to keep your natural cosmetics usable as long as possible after opening them. Ilcsi products come in two different types of product packaging: in airless bottles and in jars. Handling them requires different approaches. Make sure to follow our advice below!
Natural cosmetics in airless bottles
Airless packaging is used for all the products where the texture of the product itself allows it: moisturizers, serums, creams, lotions and soaps. Within an airless bottle, a vacuum is created when the product is pumped out, hence the cosmetic remains airtight. Using such a container helps in avoiding the introduction of substances and micro-organisms that could cause premature deterioration of the product. This makes the handling of your already opened product quite care free, and in terms of storage, there are only two advice to follow:
1. Do not store the product in the immediate vicinity of a heat source, such as a radiator.
2. Do not expose the product to direct sunlight.
Natural cosmetics in jars
Where the cosmetic has a chunky consistency – erasers, gels and treatments in general – we use a jar container. This type of packaging requires more attention to be paid to the correct application and storage of the product. To keep the cosmetics usable as long as possible, follow these suggestions:
1.Make sure that the jar is always properly closed, otherwise the product might dry out.
2. Always use a clean plastic or bamboo spatula to reach into the jar, avoid using your hands and fingers.
3. Make sure that no water or foreign matter gets into the jar.
4. Store away from direct sunlight.
5. Do not store near direct heat.
Ilcsi Beautifying Herbs